After the period in Palazzo Labia, Luigi Bevilacqua Ltd moved to its present
premises in the Santa Croce district, where the old looms found a permanent home.
The Venice premises now house part of the production facilities — with 25 hand-
operated looms — plus the warehouses and showrooms.
Owned completely by the family, in recent years the company has sizeably
developed both its national and international trade, with the significant increase
in sales being due to the opening-up of new markets, the expansion of mechanical
production to supplement the hand-operated looms and the development of a whole
sector dedicated to furbishment contracts.
The company, with his presence on the most important mondial markets, envisage
further expansion, through the gradual extension of existing markets, particularly
in Russia and the Middle and Far East, where the new luxury and wealth started
the research for exclusive goods.
The 18th-century looms and warpers belonged to the Venetian silk weaving
school, and up until the introduction of the Jacquard machine (circa 1804) they had
always been used manually.
The company’s famous historical archives hold more than 3,500 pattern-designs,
all Bevialcqua originals.